You may have heard that car boot sales can be the optimum of success for cheap priced bargains but you may have never given it a go yourself. Well, we have put together a quick list of car boot sale DOs for all you buyers!
- Be prepared to get up early. Arriving early to the boot sale gives you the best chance of picking up some prime bargains.
- Take plenty of change as the booters may not be prepared with change and you don’t want to end up paying more than you bargained for.
- Take lots of bags. Not all booters will be equipped with bags so make sure to bring some of your own. And, if you think you will do doing a big shop maybe invest in a rucksack or a trolley to carry all of your boot bargains.
- TOP TIP FOR BUSY BOOT SALES! Tie a carrier bag to the top of your car aerial so you can find it easier when you are ready to leave. If you are at a busy boot sale you could end up searching up and down the field for your car, so tieing a carrier bag to the aerial will make it more recognisable.
- Cover an area methodically. Make sure to search up and down each aisle, both left and right, to find those hidden gems. Also, check underneath the tables as there is often some bargain buys hidden away.
- Haggle, but not unreasonably. Pitches cost money and booters have come to make money at the end of the day. However, do not pay over the price you think your purchase is worth. Also, crack a smile to the booter it might get you a discount!
- Make sure you have a good look at what you’re buying – after all, you won’t be able to take it back for refund if it’s got faults! Ask questions and if something seems too good to be true, it probably is.
We have our Big boot sale in Morecambe on Saturday and our A6 boot sale in Carnforth on Sunday, so you could be destined to put your car boot sale DOs to work this weekend. We are set for a clear weekend with temperatures in their high teens, so this weekend is perfect to find those bargain buys!